Friday, December 19, 2008

Podcast= pod + cast

I learned that podcast can be audio or video. Some of the podcast couldn't be viewed until something was installed, but some came up fine. At podcast.com, under library, some good audio was available. They talked about oral histories, that's a great idea for libraries, and the author interviews. I remember just a few years ago, local history classes making oral histories on VHS tapes, to store in the archives room, what a change in audience size.
I looked at Just One More Book, a podcast recommended by Julia, it did look good. I'm sure some searching would bring about a lot of useful ones, that would be good to subscribe to.


“podcast” comes from the combination of iPod + broadcast

1 comment:

Andrea -- Just One More Book!! Podcast said...

I'm glad you found us!
We'd love it if you would send us your thoughts (via voice mail or .mp3 file) on a favourite children's book so we can include your audio in our show.